Crisis, change and challenge are a part of every business and industry. How business owners and leaders respond to inevitable turbulence can mean the difference between the business flourishing or failing. An organisation's resilience is in part depending upon how they respond to the realities of the situation.
As part of the ongoing series on building resilience from the perspective of business owners, entrepreneurs and business leaders, I am very pleased to have interviewed Espen Asheim.
With over 30 years of CEO experience, Espen is also well-known for his skills in board work, advisory, strategy definition/revitalisation, organisational effectiveness, change management, and implementation capacity.
Espen's take-home tips:
- Gain some insight into tools and structure needed to plan and implement change in any company
- Less is more, better to focus on a few things that work than making the process too complex
- Take care of your people
In this episode, Espen and I address the following questions, topics and more:
- How do you deal with crisis and change?
- Why should companies change and how do we get people to change?
- How do people react in companies in crisis?
- How can a leadership team create stability in an environment of instability?
- How do we find comfort in discomfort?
- How does a management establish trust when there is currently a weak sense of trust?
- How do you lead in unprecedented and unexpected change? What are three things that a management team should focus on through transformation and restructuring?
- How do you instill a learning mindset?
- What does psychological safety mean for you?
- How important is it to encourage constructive conflict?
- What advice would you give to young professionals to build up their confidence to speak up and share their opinion?
- How do you instill a feedback culture? What is the importance of one-to-one meetings?
- How important is it to have a discussion partner or a coach?
- How do you deal with team members who may be considered delicate flowers or are overly sensitive?
Espen 's contact information:Soaring to New Health
We're talking Medicare Stars– what it is, why it’s important, challenges & strategies.
Listen on: Apple Podcasts Spotify Leadership Lessons From The Great Books
Because understanding great literature is better than trying to read and understand...
Listen on: Apple Podcasts SpotifySupport the show
Sign up for the weekly IT'S AN INSIDE JOB NEWSLETTER
- takes 5 seconds to fill out
- receive a fresh update every Wednesday